4% PORCELAIN ETCHANT
Инструкция по применению
Применяется в условиях стоматологической клиники подробнее здесь.
4% Buffered Hydrofluoric Acid Gel
PORCELAIN ETCHANT is a 4% buffered hydrofluoric acid gel that must be handled
with extreme care (See WARNINGS). BISCO'S 4% PORCELAIN ETCHANT has
been buffered, gelled and packaged to minimize problems, provided that it is used in
accordance with these instructions. PORCELAIN ETCHANT improves the mechanical
bond between porcelain and adhesive/cement by increasing the surface area of the
porcelain. The effect is similar to sandblasting but is more controlled and effective.
Indications for Use:
The principle use of 4% PORCELAIN ETCHANT is for etching porcelain prior to:
1. Cementation of porcelain restorations.
2. Repair of porcelain restorations.
• Do not use this product until you have thoroughly read and understood these
• Hydrofluoric acid is a very powerful and aggressive chemical. It is a severe eye
and tissue irritant. If accidentally splashed into the eye, flush with copious
amounts of water for 15 minutes and seek immediate medical attention.
Hydrofluoric acid also releases a vapor that irritates respiratory passageways.
Chronic inhalation of fumes is dangerous and can cause damage. Extreme care
must be taken to protect the patient, operator and assistant. These individuals
must wear protective eyewear. The operator and assistant must wear protective
gloves. Rubber dam isolation must be used for intraoral porcelain repair.
• DO NOT use PORCELAIN ETCHANT to etch exposed enamel or dentin surfaces.
• Injury may result if PORCELAIN ETCHANT is allowed to remain on the skin or
mucosa for extended periods of time. Contact with other tissues: rinse spills
immediately with a copious amount of water for several minutes.
• Verify flow of etchants prior to applying intraorally. If resistance is met, replace tip
and re-check. Use only recommended tips.
• Do not allow any product to be ingested.
• Re-cap syringe with the luer lock cap.
• Cross-contamination: Product may contain items that are designed for one time
use. Dispose of used or contaminated unit-dose components and accessories.
Do not clean, disinfect or reuse.Precautions:
• Do not re-etch restorations that have been etched by the lab. Over etching
porcelain may cause weakening of porcelain or degradation of bond strength.
• PORCELAIN ETCHANT will microscopically roughen porcelain and glass
surfaces. As such, care must be taken to avoid having the etchant contact glazed
porcelain surfaces since these surfaces will lose their gloss.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
1. ETCHING PORCELAIN RESTORATIONS PRIOR TO CEMENTATION
1. Protective eyewear and gloves must be worn by operator and assistant.
2. If the lab has not already etched the restoration, remove cap from
PORCELAIN ETCHANT, securely attach dispensing tip and verify etchant flow
prior to application. Apply PORCELAIN ETCHANT (4% HF) to the dry porcelain
surface for 5-6 minutes. Care must be taken to avoid having the etchant contact
glazed porcelain surfaces since these surfaces will lose their gloss.
3. Rinse with a copious amount of water and air dry. The etched surface should
appear dull and frosty (if porcelain has a white/chalky appearance, agitate a moist
microbrush on the porcelain to remove salt and debris created by etching).
4. Apply one to two thin coats of silane with a brush to the etched internal surface
of the restoration according to manufacturer instructions. Dry with air syringe.
5. Proceed with adhesive applications and cementation according to the manufacturer's
2. REPAIR OF PORCELAIN RESTORATIONS
1. Protective eyewear must be worn by patient, operator and assistant. Protective
gloves must be worn by operator and assistant.
2. Remove the glaze & bevel (45 degree) the porcelain around the area to be repaired.
(Remove any old composite remaining from previous repairs.)
3. Isolate the area to be etched with a rubber dam. BISCO'S BARRIER GEL* should be
placed where etching is not desired.
4. Remove cap from PORCELAIN ETCHANT, securely attach dispensing tip and verify
etchant flow prior to applying intraorally. Apply PORCELAIN ETCHANT (4% HF) to
the dry porcelain surface for 5-6 minutes. Continue to observe the etch site
throughout the entire procedure. Suction the PORCELAIN ETCHANT, then rinse with
a copious amount of water and air dry. The etched surface should appear dull
and frosty (if porcelain has a white/chalky appearance, agitate a moist microbrush on
the porcelain to remove salt and debris created by etching, rinse and dry).
5. Apply one to two thin coats of silane with a brush to the etched surface of the
restoration and allow to dwell for 30 seconds. Dry with air syringe.
6. Apply an adhesive system according to the manufacturer's instructions. Complete the
repair with composite and finish/polish.
NOTE: For repairs with exposed Metal, Alumina, Zirconia or Composite, see the
instructions for BISCO's INTRAORAL REPAIR KIT*
* BARRIER GEL and INTRAORAL REPAIR KIT are manufactured by BISCO, Inc.STORAGE: Store at room temperature (20°C/68°F - 25°C/72°F).
WARRANTY: BISCO, Inc. recognizes its responsibility to replace products if proven
defective. BISCO, Inc. does not accept liability for any damages or loss, either direct or
consequential, stemming from the use of or inability to use the products as described.
Before using, it is the responsibility of the user to determine the suitability of the product for its intended use. The user assumes all risk and liability in connection therewith.